Network Operations (NOC) Engineer
To provide effective event management for Ricoh customers based on alerting from the RMS platform. To help develop an ITIL approach to Event Management that drives the way we approach this function that is both efficient and marketable.
The requirement for the role is to:
- Ensure maximum possible service uptime and performance for our customer’s environments that are monitored by the RMS platform
- Be responsible for the creation of processes that help leverage automation to ensure Ricoh’s management of events become more effective and efficient
- Drive improvements in both the value derived from the RMS platform from our customers and the Ricoh business itself
Monitor managed systems e.g. servers, network devices and platforms for our managed customers
Monitoring, support, triage, troubleshooting and restoration(where possible) of infrastructure and/or services.
- Responding to alerts from our infrastructure monitoring tools providing remediation where required
- Checking all backups for our managed customers to ensure validity. Raising an incident ticket when required
- Ensuring all anti-virus products are installed and up to date for our managed customers
- Monitor server disk capacity to ensure customers are aware of requirement to clear or create new space
- Oversee automated patching for our managed customers. Ensure that compliance occurs or raise an incident ticket
- Classify all alerting tickets, including closing summary, to ensure trending and problem management data is accurate
- Undertake problem management trending reporting, and raise a problem ticket where deeper investigation is required.
- Create knowledge articles in Connectwise knowledge base from alerting tickets where possible
- Actively participate in the ongoing development of our toolsets. Look for areas in which the tool can be improved, extended or tuned to deliver better results.
- Work closely with TDMs and SDMs on our larger managed accounts to constantly improve the performance of the infrastructure
- Identify billing opportunities and classify tickets accordingly.
- Escalate issues to L3 on service desk or professional services where required,
- Provide recommendations in regards improving our customer’s IT environments by utilizing the alert information RMS gathers via detailed trending analysis.
- Any other duties as requested by the manager
Skills and Experience
The NOC Engineer will have a qualification in computer science or relevant field, as well as a minimum of 4 years industry experience in a Systems Admin or Engineer role. The NOC Engineer will be familiar with the following software; Microsoft Server & Services, Microsoft Desktop, Network and Visio. In addition to this, the NOC Engineer will have/be:
- Experience managing, supporting and IT infrastructures
M365 suite, O365, MS Azure and RMM tools
- Strong ability to diagnose server or network alerts, events or issues
- Understanding of common information architecture frameworks
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, and ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks and projects with minimal supervision
- Good oral and written communication skills, and ability to address conflict with others constructively
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
Ricoh is an equal opportunities employer. If you have access needs and need support with your application call Phoebe Thodey – People and Culture Coordinator on 09 368 6070 or apply now.
Imagine. Change. Join the Ricoh Team