Do you love tinkering with things and getting your hands dirty? Have a passion for technology? As a Workshop Engineer at Ricoh you can combine the two and build a successful and rewarding career. We’ll provide all necessary on-the-job training if you can prove you’re the right person for our Workshop Engineer role.
Ricoh is the eighth-largest technology company in the world and holds the largest MFD market share in New Zealand. We’re an employee-focused, innovative company where your ‘can do, will do’ attitude will be recognised.
About the role
As a Workshop Engineer we’ll train you on our high-tech products and equipment and offer you a great career path. Reporting to the Workshop Manager you’ll be joining a great team and will be responsible for:
• Refurbishment of Ricoh office products and equipment by following company workshop procedures
• Perform tests on equipment, evaluating performance of equipment, testing, repairing and modifying Ricoh electronic equipment.
• Processing orders and deliveries as per customer requirements
• Achieving quality and quantity goals as set by Ricoh
• Developing and maintaining positive working relationships with all customers, including other internal departments
• Running copiers and fitting peripherals as required
• Any other functions as may be allocated from time to time
We are looking for people with a passion for electronics and strong technical aptitude. This is a hands on role so you will also need to have a practical bent and be comfortable using a range of hand tools. The role requires the following skills and qualifications:
• Well developed customer service and communication skills
• Excellent grasp of English – both written & verbal
• The ability to work independently when required with the skills required to work as part of a broader highly motivated team.
• A passion for Information Technology & Electronics
• A technical aptitude with mechanical reasoning ability
• An appropriate qualification will be an advantage
Ricoh culture and benefits
At Ricoh we believe people are our biggest asset. Our success is dependent on each and every one of our employees. We value our employees with a rewarding, career-building experience through initiatives such as reward and recognition programmes, community and environmental activities, career and personal development programmes, discounted health insurance and a range of ad hoc benefits/rewards offered through Ricoh New Zealand’s friends and partners.
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been looking for, please apply online.
Imagine. Change. Join the Ricoh Team