Sales Development Representative
Ricoh is a global technology leader with over 100,000 employees. Join a well established innovative firm. Our Christchurch sales team is driven by high performance and reward and in this role you will have the opportunity to learn from the best and really hone your sales craft. This is a 6 months fixed term contract to support during another team members overseas sabbatical. For the right person it could lead to other permanent opportunities.
The SDR’s primary goal is to identify and secure business appointments from prospective new customers for our sales team. You will have the opportunity occasionally to attend meetings with the sales team. This will help to maximise your own development potential and improve your cold calling skills.
- Canvass new business opportunities on the phone in addition to door to door
- Research and identify prospective contacts via social media and other tools available
- Attend a range of networking events and tradeshows to increase your pool of contacts
- Secure appointments to a range of different vertical markets or contacts
- Resilience, tenacity and self motivation – you need to be able to handle rejection
- Excellent communication skills and ability to quickly build rapport
- Competitive nature – you will continuously strive to be the best so overcoming objections become second nature
- Previous cold calling experience is an advantage but not necessary
Ricoh is an equal opportunities employer. If you have access needs and need support with your application please don’t hesitate to call 09 368 6070 or email Phoebe Ramsey (People and Culture Coordinator) email@example.com .