Help Desk Engineer – Level One
Help Desk Engineer – Level 1
- Level 1 Engineer role – Not contact centre based – no phone queue
- Internal IT Team – support your Ricoh colleagues
- January 2020 start – Great first job for a recent IT graduate
This is an outstanding opportunity to join Ricoh as a Level 1 Help Desk Engineer based in our Auckland CBD office. Build your career with the backing of a top brand and our extensive resources.
About the Role:
You will work in a Help Desk team where you will support your Ricoh colleagues across New Zealand by resolving their IT challenges, mostly remotely, and for some at their desk. This role is not contact centre based and you are not on a phone queue. We cover network, hardware, software and telephony. You will receive calls or emails, you will ask questions, troubleshoot the issue, and aim to resolve the challenge yourself. You will escalate more complex tickets to more experienced team members and learn from them. The team works Monday to Friday, earliest start 8am and latest finish 5.30pm.
So, who are you?
- You’re up with the latest technology
- You’re a recent IT graduate from a New Zealand University
- You are resourceful and great at troubleshooting
- You’re an effective communicator in English
- You are great on the phone and customer centric
- You manage your time and your tasks efficiently
- You might have had some retail or hospitality work during Uni so are great with customers
- You are a New Zealand Citizen or Permanent Resident (we can’t consider people on work visas)
And now for the technical bit… you say “yes that’s me!”
- You understand Microsoft Windows server stacks – DNS, DHCP, AD, File and Printing, RDS, and IIS and know what all of this means
- You understand Windows desktop operating systems
- You’ve used Office 365
- You know how Backups work
- You know how to set up desktop hardware
- You might have built a PC and know how the hardware works
Ricoh is a global technology company with over 100,000 employees in 180 locations. We empower digital workplaces by utilising innovative technologies and solutions to make our customers’ businesses work faster, smarter and leaner, as well as providing service and support that match the products we deliver.
We invest in our employees and encourage a learning environment where you really can make your career what you want it to be. We provide access to learning tools such as LinkedIn learning and the support you need to achieve what you want.
Ricoh is an equal opportunities employer. If you have access needs and need support with your application or wish to chat about this role you are welcome to call Emma Reid – Talent Acquisition Specialist with Ricoh today – 09 3686179 or apply now.
Imagine. Change. Join the Ricoh Team